If you are thinking of applying for a PhD at UCL’s School of Public Policy, I am particularly interested in supervising research projects on civil service management, civil service reform, transparency, ethics and (anti)corruption. I only supervise quantitative or mixed methods dissertations. PhD supervision/examination to-date:
- Paolo Morini (UCL) (PhD Examiner, 2016)
- Javier Fuenzalida (Rutgers) (Dissertation Committee Member, 2016-)
My teaching interests span public administration, public management and public policy. At UCL, I teach principally within the MPA in Public Administration and Management. My teaching responsibilities include:
- ‘Governance and Public Management’ (MPA core course)
- ‘Policy Advice’ (MPA elective, 2016-2017)
- ‘Public Management: Theories and Innovations’ (co-taught MSc elective, 2015-2016)
I have won the School of Public Policy’s Departmental Teaching Prize at UCL, and have been nominated for a teaching award at the LSE.
Since September 2017, I have been Head of Teaching at the School of Public Policy at UCL.
Previously, I taught within LSE’s M.Sc. Programme in Public Policy and Administration, where I was in charge of ‘The Politics of Policy Advice’ (MSc course) and teaching seminars in ‘Approaches and Issues in Public Policy and Administration‘ (MSc) and ‘Public Policy Analysis‘ (BSc).