My teaching interests span public administration, public management and public policy. At UCL, I teach principally within the MPA in Public Administration and Management. My teaching responsibilities include:
- Course convenor for the MPA core course ‘Governance and Public Management’
- Course convenor for the MPA elective ‘Policy Advice’
- Course co-convenor for the MSc course ‘Public Management: Theories and Innovations’ (2015-2016)
Previously, I taught within LSE’s M.Sc. Programme in Public Policy and Administration, where I was in charge of convening ‘The Politics of Policy Advice’ and teaching seminars in ‘Approaches and Issues in Public Policy and Administration‘ and ‘Public Policy Analysis‘.
If you are thinking of applying for a PhD at UCL’s School of Public Policy, then please do contact me if your project focuses on civil service management, civil service reform and/or anti-corruption. I am interested in supervising dissertations which employ quantitative and experimental methods to shed light on these areas of study.
PhD supervision/examination to-date:
- Paolo Morini (UCL) (PhD Examiner, 2016)
- Javier Fuenzalida (Rutgers) (Dissertation Committee Member, 2016-)